Bioscience Association of Maine (BAM)
The Bioscience Association of Maine (BAM) is a trade organization which promotes the industry's steady growth, interprets its benefits to the public, and influences pertinent public policy.
Collectively, Maine Bioscience provides a total of seven important functions for its membership, the State of Maine, New England and global biotechnology.
- Represent members of Maine's diverse biosciences sector
- Advocate for governmental change in interest of its membership and partners with other industry organizations to effect change where needed
- Provide a forum for companies and nonprofit entities to network and exchange ideas to foster the development of the biosciences
- Foster the capacity of Maine's bioscience community to translate laboratory discoveries to commercial opportunities
- Facilitate the formation and growth of bioscience enterprises in Maine
- Serve as a source of education/information to enhance public visibility and recognition of the sector's important economic contributions and the future potential of Maine's biosciences community
- Promote the establishment of commercial, governmental and educational liaisons between Maine's biosciences sector and the global biosciences community.